N2V participated in the Arab Advisors Group's Smart Handheld Summit 2011 that was held in Dubai on the 5th and 6th of December, at the Crown Plaza Hotel. The summit was a platform for all industry stakeholders to discuss and debate key issues including:
- The state of the smart phone ecosystem in the Arab World.
- Roles of Arab telecom operators in driving the industry forward.
- Roles of international vendors and technology companies in the regional ecosystem.
- Roles of Media companies and content owners.
- Opportunities for application developers for the Arab World and from the Arab World.
- The evolving business models and revenue streams.
- The role of clusters and business hubs in developing the content and models for smart handhelds in the Arab World.
Among the guest speakers at the summit was; Mr. Rashid AlBallaa, CEO, N2V, Mr. Mohamad Mourad, Regional Manager Gulf, Google, Mr. Mohammed Al Mufleh, Director, Research in Motion and Mr. Tom Erskine, Director of Smart Devices, Nokia.
Through participating in this event, there was a chance to come together, network with a number of specialists, experts, representatives of international manufacturers, and providers of wireless services. As well as a chance to learn from a skillful variety of speakers and the experiences they shared.
Rashid AlBallaa, N2V CEO commented: “Our participation in this summit resulted from our focus on creating innovative web and mobile web ventures. Because we are regional and invest in a wide variety of ventures (from start-ups to established companies). We believe we can add value and contribute in such events by sharing our stories, regional as well as global case studies.”